|Duration : 2 days||Technical : 8||Leadership : 5||Strategic : 3||PDU: 16|
Project Management is not just for technical people or for people who handle technical projects. Executives from many different disciplines are attending Project Management training as they would be involved in some way in a project in their organisations as project team members or even as project leaders. In IT projects, staff from both IT and user departments need to manage projects collectively as these projects are business driven. This training module is for those who are involved in small and medium scale projects.
Good Project Management practices are crucial for a successful project implementation. Delivering timely and maximising resources to produce quality results are crucial.
This training demonstrates the critical knowledge and skills required in Project Management. It gives participants a good idea about projects and what is expected of them. Furthermore, it introduces the right, proper and common terminologies and good practices that will help achieve project success.
The training requires active participation from attendees. It has lectures, exercises, case studies, group discussions, role plays and quizzes.
- Project Management Life Cycle: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitor and Control, Close-out
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning
- Scope Management Plan
- Product Scope-Requirements Gathering
- Project Scope-WBS
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Resources Management
- Effective communication Plan with Stakeholders
- Risk Management
- Integrated Change Control
- Scope Management Plan
- Project Execution
- Implementing the project by executing the plan
- Communicate effectively with good negotiation skills
- Monitoring & Controlling
- Monitor with regular meetings and reports
- Manage change requests and issues
- Managing Change and Configuration management
- Close the Project
- Administrative Closure and Lessons Learned
- Post Implementation review (PIR)
- Comprehend why and when projects origin
- Understand the success factors for project implementation
- Learn the importance of Project Management processes
- Learn about Stakeholders of a project and their roles
- Learn how to be involved in the preparation of a project plan
- Learn the importance of controls in execution
- Understand what skills are required to manage and support a project
This course is tailored for all those who are and/or will be directly or indirectly involved in projects and who have not attended formal Project Management training.