|Duration : 3 days||Technical : 8||Leadership : 8||Strategic : 5||PDU: 21|
Successful Project Management goes beyond maintaining realistic expectation levels and completing projects within budget, scope, time and resource constraints.
Today, the need to facilitate and to participate in high performing project teams requires a new application of team collaboration; clear and elevating project goal setting; high performance and quality standards and a culture of cross-functional and self-directing teams, in order for companies of the future to survive in a world of managing and succeeding by projects.
Project Management is not just science but also an art. Managing projects also means managing people of various skills, cultures, attitudes and aptitudes.
Participants attending this course will implement a real-life project using a simulation tool. This tool will challenge the participants with real life project issues and guide participants through with various solutions for the problems.
- Introduction to Project framework Importance of Project Management standards and methodologies
- What are Projects?
- Projects are implementations of strategies
- Why projects fail
- Project Management Life Cycle
- Project Management overview – addressing the 10 Project Management knowledge areas of the PMBOKÒ for a successful implementation
- Project InitiationStakeholders of a Project
- Purpose of a Project Charter
- Project Planning:Direct & Manage Execution
- Project Scope, Work Breakdown Structure
- Project Schedule, Project Milestones, Identify the Critical Path
- Cost – Plan the Budget
- Quality Plan
- Resource Planning
- Plan for HR – Get the right people to do the right activity – Personality Profiling
- Communication Plan, Procurement methods
- Risk Management Plan
- Monitoring & Controlling Techniques
- Managing Change and Conflicts
- Close the project & Record Lessons Learned
- THROUGHOUT A SIMULATION TOOL WILL BE USED TO SIMULATE A REAL-LIFE PROJECT
Learn about the stakeholders of a project and how to communicate with them
Lean how to be involved in the preparation of a project plan
Learn the importance of of control in execution
Understand what skills are required to manage projects
The importance of effectively working in team to ensure success
The concept of facilitative leadership and collaboration
Ensure client satisfaction throughout the life cycle of a project
Post implementation review
Review and Measure Success
Continuous improvement through lesson learned
Learn the importance of Project Management Office (PMO)
Middle Managers, Project Managers, Project / Team Leaders and Project / Team Members