|Duration : 1 day||Technical : 5||Leadership : 2||Strategic : 1||PDU: 8|
This course is based on the Contracts Act of Malaysia 1950. The focus is on exposing participants to the Act so that they are able to understand their role in drafting, reviewing and apportioning risk response measures in contracts.
They will learn how to apply a logical, systematic and comprehensive approach to reading, managing and implementing a contract so that the team is able to manage the vendors and to satisfy the legal obligations detailed in the contract.
- Discharge of Contracts
- Substantial Performance
- Specific Performance
- Delay and Certificate of Practical Completion
- Rejection for Extension of Time
- Imposition of Liquidated Ascertained Damages
- What are Quantum Meruit Claims?
- Financial remedies for Breach of Contract
- Legal application of Liquidated Ascertained Damages (LAD)
- Nature of construction Disputes and Claims
- Liability of the Contract Administrator
- Dispute Resolution via:
- Closing out the contract and procurement process
- The consequences of non-compliance to the contract
- Methods of dispute resolution
- Obligations of the parties to the contract
- Defining and discerning Breach of Contract
- Application of the law to LAD and EOT
- How contracts can come to an end (the conditions for termination)
- Case studies of common claims and disputes in Malaysia
This course is tailored for Project Managers, Project Leaders, Project Controllers, Contract Managers, Construction Managers, Offshore Managers, Contract Administrators, Procurement department personnel & Sub-Contract Department.