|Duration : 1 day||Technical : 0||Leadership : 8||Strategic : 0||PDU: 8|
This program is intended to create an understanding with senior management and company leaders for project management in general and the role senior management should play in relation to the projects the organization is carrying out.
Senior management needs to play an active role in the management of the projects in the organization. This program will address all the areas that senior management needs to be involved with or need to understand.
The program is a completely interactive program. During the day, the participants will be given exercises that are related to their business and will be coached while doing the exercises. The participants will also be given example templates and a comprehensive manual that they can use in their job after completing the training program.
- What are projects?
- Why do projects fail or succeed?
- What is project management and what does a project manager do?
- The 5 phases of a project; Initiation, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Control and Closing
- The 4 Project Constraints; Scope, Time, Cost and Quality
- Business Case
- Stakeholders Engagement
- Senior Management as Project Sponsors
- Requirements and Scope Planning
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- Estimating required resources
- Critical Path Planning and Gantt Charts
- Cost estimating and budgeting
- Risk Management planning
- Executing and Monitoring the project
- Managing changes during the project execution
- Closing a project and creating lessons learned
- Understand the critical activities during project management
- Understand the role senior management needs to play on projects
- Understand why we do projects and how to manage business benefits
- Understand the different phases of a project and the project constraints
- Being able to identify and analyze project risks
- Being able to create a critical path and Gantt chart
- Understand how to be a project sponsor and give guidance to the project team
Senior Managers and Company Leaders who are directly involved in projects and initiatives or who need to give guidance to those who are managing projects or initiatives.