|Duration : 2 days||Technical : 3||Leadership : 6||Strategic : 5||PDU: 14|
Good project management is an insurance policy. It prevents projects disaster. Project Management is about predicting the future in time to do something about it.
Good project managers do not only understand the 5 process groups and 10 knowledge areas that comprise the project management framework but also understand how to apply this framework in the best possible way. This includes being pro-active instead of reactive in every aspect of their job.
This course takes the content of previously attended project management training programs further and discuss some of the more advanced concepts in depth. It enhances the competence of the experienced project managers or leaders to the next level.
- The development of a successful business case
- Go vs No Go decisions
- What are projects, program and portfolios
- The different roles of a PMO
- What is Organisational Project Management Maturity
- Project stakeholder Management
- Roles of project management commitment
- Comprehensive Project Management Plan comprising of subsidiary plans.
- Scope: Development of Project Scope Statement, develop WBS, Change Request
- Time: Activity definition, activity sequencing, critical paths, floats
- Cost: Estimating, Budgeting, Earned Value Management, Develop Reserves, Develop Measures
- Quality: Plan quality, quality in assurance & Quality Control
- HR: Roles, Responsibility Matrix, Profile & Select, Resource Levelling
- Communication: Types of Modes of Communication
- Procurement: Project Manager’s role in plan
- Risk: Identify, Qualify, Plan & Response
- Execution process Group
- Project leadership and other skills that are required at various stages
- Monitoring & Controlling using Closing process groups
- Key performance indicators
- Earned Value Management
- Progress measurement
- Regular meetings
Project Managers, Project Leaders, PMO Members and PMO Managers
Project Management Essentials/ Project Management Fundamentals or Practical Project Management Simulation